MORNING WORK Silly Syllables for October
Silly Syllables morning work is a 3 page fun phonemic awareness mini activity for October. Students read words, count syllables, count the number of letters in words and record their findings. October-themed pictures help students decode words. This is a perfect October Treat. These worksheets are great for distance learning, early finishers, and substitutes.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
There are 3 pages. Each page is divided into 6 spaces. Each space includes an image and a related word (pumpkin and a picture of a pumpkin). Students count the letters in each word and the number of syllables and then they record the numbers in the boxes provided. There is a space at the bottom of each page for students to draw some (October/Fall/Halloween) things.
WORD and IMAGE THEMES INCLUDED ARE:
FALL SILLY SYLLABLES
- fall: Wagon full of kids, falling leaves
- scarecrow: Scarecrow head, hands and scarf
- wheat: A bundle of wheat
- school: A school house, flag and bunches of kids
- acorn: A large acorn with a child peeking over the top
- leaves: A child sitting in a tree
OCTOBER SILLY SYLLABLES
- pumpkin: A large pumpkin with stem and leaves
- crow: A big crow
- cat: A cat with a spider hanging from its tail
- apple: A large apple with kids peeking around it
- spiderweb: A big spiderweb and a spider
- October: The word OCTOBER in bubble letters
HALLOWEEN SILLY SYLLABLES
- spider: A big, fat spider
- costumes: 3 kids dressed in costumes
- Halloween: A child inside of a BIG pumpkin with a pumpkin lid on his head
- boo: 2 pumpkins with a spider creeping down the page
- moonlight: A moon and stars
- jack-o-lantern: A funny-faced carved pumpkin
The worksheets are ideal for Kindergarten and 1st Grade. However, these worksheets can also be used for younger students who read and for students who are beginning readers working in groups with reading buddies or volunteers.
Thank you for visiting my store _ Karen's Kids Studio.
If you have any questions about Karen's Kids company, this product, or Karen's Kids characters please let me know. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This product is the copyrighted property of Karen Frandsen_Karen’s Kids Studio.™ The individual who purchased this product from Karen’s Kids Studio is licensed to reproduce this product for use within one home or one classroom. This product may be distributed by the purchaser in an email or google classroom or over the Internet AS LONG AS THE SITE IS PASSWORD PROTECTED. Any reproduction beyond these expressed limits is strictly prohibited without the written permission of Karen’s Kids Studio.™ Please contact Karen’s Kids Studio for more information: email@example.com