Karen's Kids Studio
As of February 2020, Karen’s Kids Studio will begin adding some clip art sets that can be used by teachers and crafters to create products that they design and sell to an end-user. The purchase of the identified clipart sets allows the purchaser use of the images in their products according to the terms below. Clip art sets that have been prepared for use by sellers will include a “Seller Clipart Use” note in the description.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
Karen’s Kids digital clip art designs and illustrations are the creative property of Karen Frandsen of Karen’s Kids Studio and are protected by United States copyright law. If a Karen’s Kids digital clip art set includes a Single-Seller Link in the description it can be used by the purchaser in their derivative designs according to the terms in this agreement. *This license does not apply to publishers, manufacturers or for mass production.
PERSONAL, HOME OR SINGLE CLASSROOM USE
If you are using the clipart for personal use, at home use, or in your own classroom, you may use the clip art for just about anything. The items you create for personal, classroom, or home use, however, may not be sold, shared or included in any products.
SINGLE-USER COMMERCIAL USES ALLOWED
The individual who purchased the clip art set may use the images in that set for inclusion in “Derivative Designs” they personally develop. A Derivative Design is a creation that includes copyright-protected elements of an original, previously created first work (Karen’s Kids images). Derivative Designs may be sold and distributed on sites owned by the purchaser of the clipart (your blog, your store, etc..). Derivative Designs can only be sold through a site that sells to the end-user.
The illustrations may be used as an incidental part (not the main component) of the following:
- Activities, lessons, worksheets, games
- Part of a collection, self-published work or a kit (not the main component)
- SmartBoard and PowerPoint usage (images must be flattened into the background - no loose files please).
- Crafts (as long as it is a minor element and not the main part of the project).
- PDF files: All Images must be SECURED in PDF files.
- Content images (images) of the “Derivative Designs” but not Karen’s Kids images individually) may be used in the purchaser's Web, or blog, or selling venue. Karen’s Kids graphics, the “Images” may not be posted on a network, modem, Internet, nor webpage in their original form.
- Images must be protected when used in product development: flattened, reduced image size, etc.
- Commercial credit is required on all items (See COPYRIGHT and CREDIT below).
SAMPLES OF SELLING SITES
- Teachers Pay Teachers
- Teachers Notebook
- Personal Websites
- Personal Blogs
- May not be shared, nor re-distributed in their original format. The Copyrighted illustrations are design tools/components only.
- May not sell, share, loan, rent, redistribute, resell, borrow nor transfer Karen’s Kids sets or illustrations.
- May not post images anywhere including, but not limited to, a network, modem, Internet or web page in their original format.
- May not use images on any computers other than those of the purchaser.
- May not be used in business logos
- May not be used as part of a scrapbook kit, embroidery design, rubber stamp, SVG cutting files, stickers, or any product where the image is the main part of the project.
- May not be used for T-shirts, clothing or similar items (See School Use License)
- May not be used for digital backgrounds, websites, blog templates.
- May not be used for such things as iPhones, Ipads, Tablets, apps
- May not edit or change the images except for enlarging and reducing them.
- May not be used for coloring pages or any items where the image is the main component of the project.
- May not be used for Online presentations.
- May not be used for obscene, defamatory, libelous or immoral works or for any other purpose which is prohibited by law
COPYRIGHT and CREDIT
- DIGITAL PRODUCTS
- TANGIBLE PRODUCTS
- PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS
- CREDIT PAGES
Include the following credit on all description pages, credit pages, and title pages:
I hope Karen’s Kids Characters add smiles to your eye-popping creations! Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have about your project or use of Karen’s Kids images. I would be happy to call you if that is more convenient. Please email me and leave a phone number and a good time to call you.
Karen’s Kids Studio Email: email@example.com