MORNING WORK Silly Syllables for October
Karen's Kids Silly Syllables morning work is a 3-page fun phonemic awareness mini activity for October. Students read words, count syllables, count the number of letters in words and record their findings. October-themed pictures help students decode words. This is a perfect October Treat. These worksheets are great for distance learning, early finishers, and substitutes.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
There are 3 pages. Each page is divided into 6 spaces. Each space includes an image and a related word (pumpkin and a picture of a pumpkin). Students count the letters in each word and the number of syllables and then they record the numbers in the boxes provided. There is a space at the bottom of each page for students to draw some (October/Fall/Halloween) things.
WORD and IMAGE THEMES INCLUDED ARE:
FALL SILLY SYLLABLES
- fall: Wagon full of kids, falling leaves
- scarecrow: Scarecrow head, hands and scarf
- wheat: A bundle of wheat
- school: A school house, flag and bunches of kids
- acorn: A large acorn with a child peeking over the top
- leaves: A child sitting in a tree
OCTOBER SILLY SYLLABLES
- pumpkin: A large pumpkin with stem and leaves
- crow: A big crow
- cat: A cat with a spider hanging from its tail
- apple: A large apple with kids peeking around it
- spiderweb: A big spiderweb and a spider
- October: The word OCTOBER in bubble letters
HALLOWEEN SILLY SYLLABLES
- spider: A big, fat spider
- costumes: 3 kids dressed in costumes
- Halloween: A child inside of a BIG pumpkin with a pumpkin lid on his head
- boo: 2 pumpkins with a spider creeping down the page
- moonlight: A moon and stars
- jack-o-lantern: A funny-faced carved pumpkin
The worksheets are ideal for Kindergarten and 1st Grade. However, these worksheets can also be used for younger students who read and for students who are beginning readers working in groups with reading buddies or volunteers.
Hello and Welcome,
Whether you DIY with clip art or you prefer ready to use - WELCOME! Karen’s Kids products are decorated with kids...kids with band aids, untied shoes, and sticky fingers. Karen’s Kids products are created for teachers and parents by a mom, grandma, and teacher. I hope Karen’s Kids printables and ready-to-use will be as much fun for you to use as they are for me to create. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you have about your product.
Karen’s Kids Studio
Copyright ©Karen’s Kids. All rights reserved by the author/illustrator, Karen Frandsen. This product may be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one person, school, organization, or classroom, and/or sharing is prohibited.
USE OF CLIP ART IMAGES: Non-commercial (not for sale) documents created by the purchaser that include Karen’s Kids images may be distributed by the purchaser in an email or google classroom or over the Internet AS LONG AS THE SITE IS PASSWORD PROTECTED.
USE OF PRINTABLE PRODUCTS: Karen’s Kids Ready-to-Use, printable products may be distributed by the purchaser in an email or google classroom or over the Internet AS LONG AS THE SITE IS PASSWORD PROTECTED.
Karen’s Kids images MAY NOT be posted anywhere including, but not limited to, a network, modem, Internet or web page IN THEIR ORIGINAL FORMAT. Any reproduction beyond these expressed limits is strictly prohibited without the written permission of Karen’s Kids Studio.™ Please contact Karen’s Kids company for more information.
Links you might be interested in: