It's time for summer, sand, and celebration. Ready for a vacation? Let's rocket to Pluto. By the way...how old are you? You better pack lots of clothes because it will take more than 800 years to get there! Create a July invention, make a July newspaper, draw a picture for Gummy Worm Day, and more in July's jaw-dropping color and activity book.
Fun seasonal-themed illustrations to color plus creative writing-drawing prompts that inspire imaginative responses.
Children learn about the seasons, weather, and some of the celebrations occurring in that month. As students work through the book they will be participating in multiple subjects that include some, or all, of the following: science, math, literature, writing, art, and invention.
Monthly creative Color Books are perfect for early finishers, indoor recess, substitute activities, monthly-themed parties/celebrations, and more.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
The PDF files are ready to print and use.
- Colors of the July (Color the images. Add more pictures, words, and colors.)
- July Begins (Facts about the month. Describe the month with words and pictures).
- Word Play (Create an acrostic or fill-in words that represent the month’s sounds, tastes sights.)
- Celebrate July (Use words/pictures to describe these monthly events.)
- Idiom/Quote (Use the space to show what the quote/idiom means to you.)
- Believe It or Not (Read amazing facts. Create your own unbelievable event.)
- Invitation (Design a poster/sign inviting people to the monthly celebration.)
- Inventor’s Page (Use the shape to invent something wonderful.)
- Invention Description (Describe your invention using the prompts provided.)
- Extra, Extra Read All About It (Using information from previous activities, create a newspaper.)
- Newspaper Guidelines (Suggestions and ideas for creating the newspaper.)
The coloring book activities were written for grades 3-5. Students at this level may be able to work independently.
ESL and Beginning Readers
An adult or older student can support beginning readers and ESL students by reading the comments and prompts and helping to write responses as needed.
You may also be interested in:
How Do You Receive Your Products
Once a download is purchased, you will receive an email with a link to your product.
Hello and Welcome,
Whether you DIY with clip art or you prefer ready to use - WELCOME! Karen’s Kids products are decorated with kids...kids with band aids, untied shoes, and sticky fingers. Karen’s Kids products are created for teachers and parents by a mom, grandma, and teacher. I hope Karen’s Kids printables and ready-to-use will be as much fun for you to use as they are for me to create. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you have about your product.
Karen’s Kids Studio
Copyright ©Karen’s Kids. All rights reserved by the author/illustrator, Karen Frandsen. This product may be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one person, school, organization, or classroom, and/or sharing is prohibited.
USE OF CLIP ART IMAGES: Non-commercial (not for sale) documents created by the purchaser that include Karen’s Kids images may be distributed by the purchaser in an email or google classroom or over the Internet AS LONG AS THE SITE IS PASSWORD PROTECTED.
USE OF PRINTABLE PRODUCTS: Karen’s Kids Ready-to-Use, printable products may be distributed by the purchaser in an email or google classroom or over the Internet AS LONG AS THE SITE IS PASSWORD PROTECTED.
Karen’s Kids images MAY NOT be posted anywhere including, but not limited to, a network, modem, Internet or web page IN THEIR ORIGINAL FORMAT. Any reproduction beyond these expressed limits is strictly prohibited without the written permission of Karen’s Kids Studio.™ Please contact Karen’s Kids company for more information.
Links you might be interested in: